Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1st Blog





Thought I would pick up something creative and try to blog about a hobby of mine that I take somewhat seriously. I have been running a 55 Gallon Fresh Water Planted Tank for about 3 months now. Looking back on the pictures, it looks like I snap some 3-4 shots a couple of times a month. I want to show you a picture of the tank now, then go back and describe what I did to set it up. I then want to try and keep up with the maintenance, events and plans for the tank on an as needed basis.



I enjoy this hobby its incredibly relaxing, and it creates a great avenue for my creativity. As well as nourish a hope of mine that our science will eventually keep us from destroying the earth, instead of helping us kill it.


Above is the most recent picture. This was taken after a 20% water change, Cartridge change, Fertizilation, Feeding, and Planting some cuttings.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like the long exposure for the banner. You should process more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike, thanks for sharing! It'll be a great resource for us when we get one started. Your tank is peaceful and relaxing- I can see why you enjoy it so much. Cheers! ~Loranda

    ReplyDelete