Thursday, June 16, 2011

Death and Revival

Hello! I know its been forever but I wanted to revive this bit of fun and tell all of you whats going on. The previous 55G freshwater got torn down and returned to Brian (a buddy of mine who lent me the tank). It's inhabitants where given to Heather who is taking wonderful care of them. I decided that I did not want to take care of 55G fresh and a saltwater reef at the same time. That being said a bit of my frustration with the Freshwater was the once a week trips to Academy to fill my Co2 tanks. Only now after reassembling the Co2 system on a much smaller 5G tank did I realize I had a leak in the old setup. The same 2 Co2 tanks last 6 months now.

Tanks I currently have include a 5G ada freshwater. It has 4 Sparkling Gouramis, live plants and a few snails. It sits in my bedroom and provides me with a great view to sit and veg out. I will be taking some pictures here shortly for everyone to see.

I also have a little 1G with a Betta named Plava, who sits in our living room with some bamboo. I know high maintenance right.

And the reason for the revival.... drum roll please. The Saltwater water reef is days away from having water in it. I know it only took me 3 years, but hey patience is a virtue. I wanted to use this as a hub to document and post pictures. I want to do a post of the equipment here shortly to get everyone acquainted with the setup and what it does.

1 comment: