Friday, September 11, 2009

Shrimps and Clams

So here they are,
This is a picture of the mouth of the clam. It's a macro picture so don't think that that thing is really big or anything. Clams just filter feed nutrients out of the water column. You can feed them invertebrate food but well I am going to see how long this guy can just feed on the water.

This is one of the 5 Amano Shrimp that I have rummaging around in the tank. They are truly a joy to watch. The males have dots on their sides and the females have dashed lines down their sides. This is a female. This is also a macro shot as they are only about 1 inch long.


I have done some cleaning and pruning and I get some new components to my Co2 system today so we will see how the tank improves here soon. Check out the other pictures in the slideshow as I took a bunch more.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could have shrimp in a freshwater tank! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Must be fun to watch the critters running about. ; ) Great pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete