Monday, September 28, 2009

Prego Shrimp, Clam Foot, and Nerita snail

This guy is called a nerita snail I just thought up close his stripes were pretty darn cool looking. He is about the size of a nickel.
Here she is my female prego amano shrimp. According to everyone on the internet these girls will get pregnant all the time but none of their offspring ever make it. The little guys need salt water to make it and can't handle the current of most modern day filters. If you click on the picture you will see a bunch of little eggs below her back legs.
Last but not least this is my little frest water clam trying to bury himself. He decided to stick this thing out directly after I was messing around in the water for a while. Think I finally turned him on the "right side".
Everything is going great plants are doing really well. Keep up with my dosing regime and water changes I will have a crazy planted tank here in about 3-4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment